First video

I have uploaded the script of our first video. The dialogues may vary from the actual video since the actors improvised a few of them for ease of delivery.

A young boy is shown sitting on a sofa outside the Principal’s office. The is dressed in a school uniform that is in a very untidy condition. He is also chewing a gum in a very insolent manner.
It is implied that someone walks past him and he stares and snorts at him. Further, he rhetorically asks a boy( not seen on screen), “watcha lookin’ at?”
The school bell rings and the boy stands up with an expression on his face that seems to say he’s fed up. He walks into the office where the Principal waves to him to sit on a chair.

Principal: Hmm, Mr. Tyler Blake. So I have you in my office… Oh for God’s sake spit out that gum.
Tyler(spits out the gum): Sorry about that sir.
Principal: Tyler you know that you are a 10th grader now, not a 3rd or 4th grade kid. You are a grown up and its time you start acting like one. (He opens a drawer and pulls out a piece of paper). I believe your History teacher gave you an assignment to write a 2 page summary of Napoleon’s expeditions. (He unfolds a piece of paper) Is this drawing your complete assignment? (He shows Tyler the drawing)
Tyler(grins at first and then makes a serious face) : Umm, sir, actually I misunderstood what my assignment was, I thought I could be a little creative. I guess it did not turn out that well.
Principal: Oh yes obviously you did not know that Napoleon was never a pirate. God! I don’t know what to do with you? (he pauses) That’s not it. As usual, you have been reported as bullying three kids. I am sure you have an explanation to that too.
Tyler: Sir I never bullied anyone. In fact, other kids bully me. They make fun of me, they try to take my money and then when I react, they say I am bullying them.
Principal: Oh so you are the only person telling the truth and all the others are lying, I suppose. Very convincing. I am calling up your parents now. I am sure they will find your stories interesting.
Tyler: Sir but I…
Principal(speaking on the phone): Can you call Mr. or Mrs. Blake for me please. Yes, it’s about their son Tyler again. Tell them they need to see me urgently as their son will remain in detention until they arrive.
Tyler: Sir, believe me please, I did not do anything.
Principal:(puts down the phone and shouts) Why should I? I know you very well so don’t think that you can get away with your lies! Oh, and yeah, you have added something new to your list of mischievous acts. Vandalism? What is up with that? It is reported that you were responsible for breaking a chair, breaking a door knob, scratching a black board. And what happened to the poster in the hallway that you stole? That is simply too much for one week!
Tyler: Sir, if I may, I did not break the chair deliberately. I fell of it and it broke. I was lucky I did not hit my head on the ground.
Principal: That is so unlucky for us. And the poster? Did it run away?
Tyler:(laughing) That would be funny.
Principal gets angry and is about to say something but then the phone rings. Tyler smirks.
Principal(speaks on the phone): Yes? Mr. Blake is on his way? Good! Please will you also take this jerk outside and send him to the detention room. Thanks. (He puts down the phone). I’ll see you soon. By that time, come up with something that would actually help your future.
Tyler(grin on his face): Well I can answer to that right now.
Principal(shouts): Just get out of my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment