Mind Maps

We were told to design mind maps for our final video which serves to help plot our ideas and come up with interesting new connections for our project video. I created three mind maps focusing on Narrative, Audience and Institution. I have already discussed about my Institution in previous post. 
While making the audience mind map, I had an idea of how the audience would react to the movie. Since its just the first 2 minutes of the movie, the main plot of the story can not be shown. I got an initial sense of what my audience reaction might be when I discussed my script with my teacher and class fellows. They all immediately told me that the idea was attractive, yet controversial. I had to clarify that the purpose of my movie is not to portray Muslims negatively. Actually, if I was making a complete movie, it would show the problems that the Muslim community faces in the modern world. Also the opening title does show that Muslim countries like Pakistan are facing the worst of terrorism. Moreover, I have given the age range of 16 years and above for my target audience because I believe that the audience will then be mature enough to understand the topic instead of taking the topic as entertainment only.
In narrative mind map, I have simply summarized the movie for production purposes for example what locations will be involved, details about the characters and what basically happens in the movie. I have also mentioned that it is sort of a recreation of an actual unfortunate event which took place in Lahore, Pakistan in May 2010. 








No comments:

Post a Comment